Please visit the relevant page for the service you need:
- Business editing – helping your business with documents, reports, marketing material and much more
- Editing web content – enhancing the quality of the written content on your website or blog
- Editing for publishers – copy-editing and proofreading books, following the standards set by CIEP and PTC training courses
- Developing style guides – creating editorial guidelines to help make your written output consistent and in line with your brand image
My specialisms are listed on the About me page, but I can work with nearly any subject. Although knowledge of the subject matter often helps, it isn’t always essential (but I usually avoid legal and medical material, which I think this is best left to the experts because of the extra risks associated with missing or introducing errors).
What I don’t do
In case of any doubt, here are some things that are not normally included in my work:
- Writing or full-scale rewriting
- High-level assessments, such as a manuscript appraisal
- Comprehensive fact-checking (although I will highlight anything that I suspect to be wrong, based on my existing knowledge)
What happens next?
If you get in touch about some potential work, how will things unfold from there? This blog post tells you all about it, and the How I do it page explains how I go about my editing and proofreading work. The Fees page explains how my services are priced and how you can pay for them.
Looking after your data